North Carolina Charlotte Mission

Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are your brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee. -Alma 31:35

Monday, September 24, 2012

"Some days you just can't get rid of a BoM" -Elder Batman


This seemed like the longest week ever. Really great week, but super long for some reason. Time is relative, so if you're moving fast, it seems to pass by slowly, and we've certainly been going quickly this week.

Well, one transfer is almost over. Hard to believe it's almost been six weeks already. I'm staying in Dobson, which makes me really happy; it is so beautiful here, and the branch is just amazing. Saturday Elder Molina got called to be the new District Leader, so he gets that responsibility along with being my trainer. This means that I get to be super supportive for the next little while.

Some highlights of the week:
1) Giving a discussion with a python around my neck. (Too bad we weren't teaching the Plan of Salvation, he would've been a great visual aid for the Fall of Adam.)
2) Getting chased by a dog for the first time while riding on bikes
3) The mission president stopping by our apartment yesterday while we weren't home and seeing that it was clean. Score!
4) I HAVE A WORKING BIKE! One of our Hispanic members leant me his. Which means that when I ride it, I look a bit like the triceratops from "We're Back!" when he's on the motorcycle. But it doesn't have a cursed front tire, so all is well in Zion.

The real biggest highlight of the week was Lena, one of our investigators. She's been going to the hospital a lot, so we gave her a priesthood blessing this week to give her the strength to come to church. And she did! I was so happy. I was so happy, in fact, that I probably scared some of the brethren. But Lena is the first time that someone I have found--not an investigator Elder Molina had before--has come to church.

I had prayed so hard that there would be good speakers, and there were. A sister in our branch gave a beautiful talk on how the Atonement works and how it helped her accept the death of her mother, which really struck a cord with Lena. She wants to come back, which means that she's well on her way to her baptismal date. I am so excited for her. Now we just have to teach her tithing and the Word of Wisdom. That should be fun...

Now as for Dorothy, the lady the Spirit led us to last Sunday. We stopped by to see her, but since we couldn't get a member to come with us, we couldn't go in. Her granddaughter Annsley wasn't home, but Dorothy told us that Annsley wanted to know where our church was, so she could go to it. Fist-pump!

In short, this week was a great example of how you can still have an awesome week and get a ton of work done even if 95% of your appointments don't show up. The Lord really is guiding us, and I've been learning a lot from Elder Molina when it comes to following the Spirit.

I'm running out of time, so I have to head off. I sure love you all, and I'm still praying! And I hope that David and Amy will have something to tell me soon! :)

Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment