North Carolina Charlotte Mission

Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are your brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee. -Alma 31:35

Monday, September 24, 2012

Excerpt from Danny's letter to Browns

Last week, Danny sent off a letter to his sister, Laura, down in Dallas. It was full of wonderful stuff, but here is something that she liked in particular : )

        "You know, a mission is SO worth it. I'm so glad I went. Now is my chance to just put everything aside and give it all to the Lord, to dedicate all my time and talents to Him, as I promised to in the temple. I want to work hard and get tired each day, so I can look back without regrets when it's time to go home.
        In a way, a mission is kind of like our mortal life summed up in two years. It was hard to go and leave our family, but we have a work to do, and we need to do our best. We won't be able to see them, but they'll be rooting for us the entire time. Eventually, we'll reach the end, and we won't want to leave, but we will anyways. And bigger and better things await. That's Heavenly Father's plan: always going up, always getting better."

What a gem!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, thanks so much for sharing that thought from Danny. It's never quite hit me that way before. I'm so grateful for our awesome missionary.

    ReplyDelete