North Carolina Charlotte Mission

Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are your brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee. -Alma 31:35

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dec. 10th "Van Pelt, Van Pelt, Van Pelt!"


Unfortunately, the email service has been experiencing problems today, so this will be another short one, sadly.

First off, I have felt such a powerful outpouring of love and testimony lately. The letters and testimonies that I have been receiving in the mail lately are the best Christmas gifts I have received in my entire life.   I can literally feel the strength of my family's prayers supporting me, and the daily testimonies of the Gospel have inspired and strengthened me. I am so blessed to have the family and friends I have.  THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your testimonies, everyone! Literally, all the other missionaries in the apartment are jealous of how cool you are.


This week had Saint Nikolaus Day, so I went and put stuff in the other elders' shoes, but when I woke up in the morning, there was stuff in my shoes that I know I hadn't put in there. I guess he really does come!

The highlight of this week was that Elder Heydorn crashed on a bicycle and broke his hand. In between doctor's appointments and such, it has been an interesting week. He's been taking it well, though, and it's been a great opportunity for me to serve him. Since he can't bike at the moment, we've also been giving a car to drive.

While I was sitting in the hospital one day, I got a massive revelation about the Plan of Salvation, the Gospel of Christ, and charity. It all kind of combined in my head and it was like for one brief shining moment I understood everything. It was incredible, and I will have to share it with you next week. Major answer to prayer there!

However, I am out of time due to internet difficulties. Please forgive me; next week will be better, I promise!

Happy birthday, Joy and Dad!

I love my mission, I love my companion, I love the Gospel. Heavenly Father is there, and Jesus is the Savior. Love you all!

Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment