North Carolina Charlotte Mission

Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are your brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee. -Alma 31:35

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dec. 28th "Make a move, Reindeer Games"


Merry Christmas everyone!

So apparently it turns out that the Mayans had been predicting the release of The Hobbit after all, and not the end of the world as had been originally supposed. It guess it's for the best. If the world had started ending that Friday the 21st, I would've had to go and play the Song of Time to send us all back in time three days. Thankfully, however, this was not necessary.

Last time I wrote, I told you all that I had been called to be a trainer. I am training Elder Shumway, a missionary from Layton who is the oldest of 7 children. I am so glad to be his companion. He is extremely obedient, very diligent, incredibly patient, and knows his scriptures. He's also faster than I am on the bike, so I don't have to wait up for him. Most importantly of all, Elder Shumway is fearless: if he sees someone, he talks to them. That is probably the most important missionary skill to have.

And that's what we've been doing the last week or so. A lot of the people we teach are out of town for the holidays, so we have been talking to everyone. EVERYONE. If we see someone, we go talk to them. If they're interested, we get their info, teach them, and ask them who they know. If they're not interested, we ask them who they know who would be interested. We've been talking to tons of people, all day, everyday, and it seems to me that, as we've shown the Lord we can be trusted to talk to people He puts in our path, He has started putting more people in our path.

This has led to a bunch of fun experiences. We've taught lessons on benches at bus stops, we've taught lessons on porches. We've met atheists and JW's, we've been drenched in rain and blasted by wind, and I even had one tire spontaneously explode on me, though my catlike reflexes enabled me to not crash. The Work goes on, and life is good. I really have no complaints, other than the fact that I seem to be chronically behind on my journal...

It just makes me so glad that I get to be on my mission. We just keep trying to do our best, and the Lord makes up the difference.

Well, seeing as I'm going to be writing again on Monday, I think I'll end it there for the time being. I just want to say that I have felt so much love for the Savior the last couple of weeks. Even though Christmas is over, I pray that we will always remember the incredible gift of God's Son. I love Him, and I want to do my best to serve Him.

I love my companion, I love my mission, and I love you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment