North Carolina Charlotte Mission

Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are your brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee. -Alma 31:35

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

7/7/14 "The windows of heaven"

"I will...open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." - Malachi 3:10



This was one of the least productive weeks of my whole mission for various reasons:
1) Elder Mastin came down with a stomach virus and was laid out for a day
2) Elder Arnold came down with the same stomach virus the next day and was similarly laid out
3) With my superior constitution I never came down with the stomach virus
4) On the subject of Constitutions, the 4th of July was an ineffective proselyting day
5) We had two all-day missionary meetings this past week
6) Our baptismal date was smitten with kidney stones and had to have his baptism pushed back

Though a benefit of one of the all-day meetings was getting to see President Craven's dad, emeritus Seventy Elder Rulon Craven, speak about our potential as children of God. I can definitely see where President got his character from.

While out proselyting on Thursday we got a call from a member asking if we could please open up the church for them at 5. We thus began the long bike-ride back home from Newton to Conover. While pedaling, I saw an enormous mass of grey clouds advancing towards us and we raced it towards the church. Before we could reach our destination, however, the Lord had opened up the windows of heaven and poured us out a blessing that there was not room enough to receive it.

Once we had dried off from the Lord's abundant blessings, from the safety of the church building we got to enjoy watching 40 minutes of the most pounding rain and lightning I have ever seen since that tropical storm Elder Molina and I had been in way back in August 2012. It was quite the light show.

And life is good.

I have had such abundant witness that the Gospel is true. This time has been of so much worth to me. I am excited for Elder Mastin, for he's in for the time of his life these next two years.

I really truly do love all of you. Hurrah for Israel!


Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment