North Carolina Charlotte Mission

Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are your brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee. -Alma 31:35

Thursday, December 6, 2012

11/5/12- "This Land was my Land"


"This land was my land..."
"But now it's OUR land!" 
(*Wal-Marts, McDonalds and 7-11's appear*) 

(danny is referring to a hilarious video from 2004 about bush and kerry)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Q-sRdV7SY


Can you tell that we've been getting a lot about the elections lately? I had one guy tell me the other day that he voted for Romney, even though he's Muslim. I definitely did a facepalm in my mind when I heard that one.

I've had no fewer than three dreams about Obama and Romney in the last couple of weeks. I also had one last Thursday about President Bush, where he gave me a ride in his enormous flying fortress. It had really nice showers in there...

ANYways, by tomorrow people will stop bothering us about it, for better or for worse. 

In other news, I'm getting transferred! Everyone in the branch, the district, and the zone were completely surprised, because Elder Molina has been in the area for six months already. They were all expecting him to leave, but nope, it's me. It's been a great experience here in Dobson, with some fantastic members. Elder Molina has also been an incredibly good trainer. While it will be hard to see them go, I'm also very excited to see where the Lord sends me next. That's the awesome thing about a mission: there's always something new and exciting around the corner, and I know that in my new area there will be prepared individuals that Heavenly Father is wanting me to meet. I wish Elder Molina the best of luck as he continues his labors in Dobson, and off I go!

This also means, however, that my address is changing. I'll let you know what it is when I get there.

We had a lesson with a young man this week with a few issues he needed to work out before he could be baptized. We were able to explain his concerns and work on his questions, but he still had some confusion over what he was supposed to do. We had a member there, Brother Branch, who was able to sum up the Atonement in a great way:

We're here on Earth, and we're all aiming at a target. The bull's-eye of that target is perfection, and what Heavenly Father expects of us. Try as we might, though, we can never quite hit it exactly. We can get close, though, and we can always work on getting ever closer to that bull's-eye. If we keep aiming, Heavenly Father can take that effort and make up for it through the Atonement, allowing us to hit that target and become perfect, just as He is perfect. If we aren't aiming at the target at all, though, we can't ever make it back to Him.

The analogy seemed to click with this young man, and he accepted the baptismal date we set with him. I will pray that Elder Molina will get to see him make that date.

I just want to say that I'm out here trying to help people find the right target to aim at, and I'm trying my darndest to get closer to that center myself. The Atonement is so awesome, and it's too awesome to stop me from sharing it with people.

Drat. I've gone and run out of time again. I'll tell you more next week. I love my mission, and I love you all!

Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment