North Carolina Charlotte Mission

Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are your brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee. -Alma 31:35

Sunday, June 2, 2013

5/28/13 "Nigel... Call the lawyers"

So. News:

1) I am getting transferred out of Huntersville. We got a call from President Craven Saturday informing us that I was going to be companions with Elder Colinwood, one of the mission's senior missionaries, down in Shelby. I am not quite sure where this is. Elder Fulton is also leaving Huntersville after 7 months here, and he's going to be training, opening up a new area in Rock Hill. This leads me to...

2) Huntersville is going to become a sister area. This one I actually found pretty funny, since Dobson became a sister area right after I left it, as well as Pineville. I am, quite frankly, cursed. Most of the men in the ward were rather disappointed. My ward mission leader's response was the best, though: "Are you freaking kidding me?"

3) I went on exchange with my district leader, Elder Parker, on Friday. My Exchange Curse is still in effect. Basically, the Exchange Curse is as follows: all appointments will fall through, and all events will conspire so that my exchange will be a solid day of finding people to teach. It doesn't matter what area I am in; people will cancel and the end result will be hours and hours of knocking doors. And so it was with Elder Parker.

With the exception of my very first exchange with my very first District Leader, Elder Hyer, the Curse has been in effect ever since. It has affected: two exchanges with Elder Collins, two with Elder Jorgensen, my exchange with Elder Stringham, Elder Larson, Elder Howell, Elder Steenson, two exchanges with Elder Brown, two exchanges with Elder Christensen, two exchanges with Elder Merrill, two exchanges with Elder Wright, and my exchanges with Elder Risenmay, Elder Wilkinson, and Elder Parker. That's a total of 19 exchanges. I am truly cursed.

There's a plus to this, though: whenever I get cursed, the other exchanging companionship experiences loads of miracles. And so it was last Friday.

4) speaking of miracles, the Stevens family came to church last Sunday. Everyone was gone because of Memorial Day, so I played piano for Primary. The Stevens had a great time. They are super elect and very prepared, and theywill get baptized. (When people start making you cinnamon rolls for your appointments, you know that they're elect.) I am happy to know that the coming Huntersville sisters will have success in this area.

5) I have been writing Douglas Green, my RLDS investigator in Pineville, since I came to Huntersville. President Craven informed me that Brother Green was baptized and confirmed last weekend. That was just the icing on the cake for me. I am so happy to know that I got to contribute to his coming into the Church. I have been praying for that man constantly since November 7th, and on May 26th he joined the Church. The best part is, he will have be able to go through the temple before I leave my mission. I have said many a prayer of thanks over this news.  

Well, I don't have all that much time to write. Since yesterday was Memorial Day, President Craven decided to have Preparation Day be today. Unfortunately, today is also transfers, with the result that many people won't actually get a real Preparation Day. We have to boogie off to transfers before too long, so I'm sorry if this letter is super short.

I love the Lord, and I hope you all are doing well. Love you! Hurrah for Israel!


Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment